Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Collection of Thoughts

If you count today, August 31st, I will be turning 30 in 12 days. 










Some people dread turning 30...in fact, even have mild to moderate melt downs about said age.  Some folks even think it's over the hill!!  At least the first step over.












Personally...this couldn't be farther from then the truth.  I am so SO looking forward to my 3rd decade!!!  I decided some years ago that one's 20's are really just your teenage years again but with adult drama.  Yah know...run of the mill stuff like..."what the hell am I going to do with life?"  or "my family was/is more f**ked up then I've wanted to believe" and "oh crap, I am f**ked up!"  Pardon my French but let's be real here people.  Throw marriage with all its wonders and challenges in that mix...not making much money...a car accident and a couple of mental breakdowns and that would be my 20's.  That is not to say that good, positive, wonderful and even fun did not happen but really...my 20's have been rather tumultuous.  And yah know what?  I AM SO GLAD TO BE REACHING THE TOP OF THE HILL!  Or the mountain if you prefer.  I have been climbing and climbing...never thinking I'd reach the top to see the majestic view, and I am thrilled to be reaching the pinnacle.  Thrilled.  Thankful. Oh so thankful. 










So as the days draw nearer to September 11th...like a lot of 29'rs I am taking pause to look at this last decade and reflect.  Check back for my daily Collection of Thoughts, and then join me as I embrace the new day.  The new age.  The new decade.  The new and becoming...me.

4 comments:

  1. Love it Rach! And I totally agree with you about the 20's. I will be happy when they are done. At least almost done (27-29)...or so it seems now.
    I am excited to see what this decade has in store for you.

    - Rachel Corley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said... makes being in the middle of it not seem so bad. :) You're Amazing Rach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with ya! I remember the day I turned 20, I wrote in my journal, "Why was I so looking forward to 20? All it is is more and more and more responsibility..." I also remember being happy to be 30!:)

    If anyone deserves to celebrate making it to the top of the hill, it's you! :)

    Love Ya! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you express yourself with such passion and honesty...so rarely found!

    Have you ever thought of writing in your 30's? I think you have the guts to speak for many in their 20's.

    ReplyDelete