The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. – Proverbs 4:18
In a world that wants instant results, the Bible tells us that our growth comes slowly, but consistently. Maybe you are discouraged today because you don’t feel like your life is going anywhere. But how were things a year ago? Five years ago? Ten years ago? Many times it takes a long range perspective to remind ourselves that even though we have not gone as far as we want to, when we look back, we see that we’ve come a long way from what we used to be. We are getting brighter and brighter! Today’s commentary by: Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org
I get a verse-a-day in my email inbox and this was today's verse and commentary. Seems like a fitting follow-up to my feeling of reaching the pinnacle of 30 years old, no? It's funny because as this birthday has drawn closer I had (notice I said had) this expectation that I would be farther along on my path of personal healing and growth than I am today, September 1st. A dear, wonderful friend of mine (LDKH) reminded me that I have come a long way...espcially since this spring. And that while I haven't reached the pinnacle (so to speak) of my emotional healing at this point...I'm still in the journey. Still walking the path. Still moving forward. And by golly, are we ever done growing and healing and learning? I guess I hope not because I certainly don't want to be stagnant in life.
So I pause today to remember where I was, where I am and where I'm going. I love this time of year (as the picture above depicts). The waning of summer...the ushering in of autumn...and the wonderful sunrises that remind me that there is still today. There is still hope. There is still life to live. And that hope is new every morning.
11 Days

No comments:
Post a Comment