God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next. Amen.
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next. Amen.
- Reinhold Niebuhr

Girl! I totally just re-discovered the entire serenity prayer last week! I copied it out in script and hung it up on my desk.
ReplyDeleteLove that we both found it at the same time.
Love Livvy K
Cool! It's amazing the power that acceptance has!
ReplyDelete