Thursday, September 16, 2010

Words to Live By

Words that I'm trying to sear into this thick skull of mine.

"I'm aware of my reality and I'm dealing with my reality.  The process will unfold at its own pace". - J. Griffing
Unfold at its own pace.  If only I could be patient enough!  I am trying...I am learning.  I think choosing to be patient and gentle with myself has been and continues to be the hardest part! 

I actually have this bag and have been using it the past couple of weeks to remind myself of the message it carries, plus...yah know...I like birds. 
 I'm aware of my reality.  Isn't this the launching pad of all healing?  Finally having your eyes, mind and heart open just enough to light the blinding light of reality in?  To look at it...really look at it...and then live there.  Not in yesterday (although it's important to aware of what happened in the past) and not in tomorrow (coulds, shoulds & what ifs).  Live today, Rachel.  Live today.  Breathe today.  Attach yourself to this moment.  Enter your mind.  Embrace your body.  Be    Here    Now. 
I'm dealing with reality.  This past two weeks has been difficult.  I don't want to deal with my reality.  I don't want to look at let alone feel the pain.  For some reason...I've taken a couple steps backward but by golly, I see that I'm doing that so I'm fighting like heck to keep moving forward.  To deal with this reality that I find myself...whether by choice or the draw of the deal.  I think the greatest challenge is to continually choose to be fully present in the process.  Don't run.  Don't shut down.  As I said above...be here now.  Wow, that's hard.  I guess by even writing this I'm dealing with my reality which is encouraging in and of itself.  Go me!
“Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”
- James Baldwin
Oh Sweet Spirit...help me to aware of my reality and engage in the process of dealing with my reality.  Help me, by Your grace, to let it unfold at its own pace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment